Thursday, September 14, 2006

INSOMNIA 2 a.m.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm listening to a CD I burned, and doing stuff on the
computer. The computer is an insomniac's best friend.
I pick a subject to study. The past few months, I've been
studying Biblical Hebrew. The unexpected benefit is
that it calms me down, and lets me fall asleep.

Insomnia is an adult's fear that the bogeyman is still
coming to get us. The bogeyman never goes away.
He's always hiding under the bed, and in the closet.
Keeping watch through the night, keeps him away,
I guess.

I look at it philosophically, and think that I am getting
to begin the day, earlier. The Jewish day begins at dusk,
not dawn. Sunset is like the dawn of the day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic






No comments: