Friday, September 29, 2006

Sabbath reflections: Ruwach Elohim

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I love the Hebrew word, "ruwach." It is one of the most
inspiring Hebrew words, for me. It's literal meaning is
spectacularly complex, because, it means, "wind, breath,
mind, spirit." The breath of life, is the miracle, of life,
in fact. This word, connects our own spirit, with the spirit
of Nature, and the Spirit of God, together, in unity.

Ruwach, is first seen, in the Book of Genesis.

Gen 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness
[was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God
moved upon the face of the waters.

"Ruwach EloHIM," Spirit of God(x3), The Holy Spirit.

I was a Respiratory Therapist, for 15 years. I've seen
life end, with the absence of spontaneous breathing.
I've watched the dead, revived, by the miracles, of modern
medicine. I've even witnessed the power, of thumping
on a chest, and starting a heart, myself, with just my
own hands, feeling their spirit come back. That's what
I'm talking about!!! I can't imagine not giving glory
to God, when that happens!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I've seen many sad things, too, and it's the miracles,
which revives my faith. I revere, the Breath
of God, Ruwach Elohim, as God, in his elemental form,
creating, transforming, and uniting, all life,
in Himself, by Himself. It is eternal life, not
transitory life, which is our mortality.

Ruwach Elohim, encompasses so much more, than
my tiny brain can conceptualize. It's like understanding
the force of the sun, and then multiplying it,logarithmically,
to infinity.

The ultimate greatness, of the infinite Godhead, makes
me dizzy. That's when I refocus on the infinite beauty,
of life, in front of my own two eyes. That's when I
am brought back to this life, by the cognizance, of
the air blowing by me, in my case, right now, from
my ceiling fan.

My desk, is in front of my bedroom window. I overlook,
a canal, and it's lovely at night. Right now, the moon
looks like, a lovely lemon slice, and the sky is textured,
with purple, and black, like a blueberry pie!

(phonepic, of Toy, looking out at view. Even phonepics
capture the light of the fabulous nightsky, and reflective
water.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I contemplate the heavens, on these sleepless
nights. My dad's favorite moon, is what he calls,
"Moon over Miami." It's the next full moon, the
harvest moon. Here, near Miami, it's impressively
large, low, pulsating, bright orange moon.. It
dances off the water, already dancing with the
tidal tugs, and seasonal North winds, ..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My dad said, tonight, that imagine how that same, lemon
pie in the sky moon, above us, was seen, admired, and studied,
by every generation of man!

It's another connecting spirit, to anchor to the moon,
and the sea. The antiquity of the Earth, and the vast
time, that projects itself beyond the celestial horizons,
are the links in the chain of life, for each generation.
Over 5 millenia, ago, the Patriarch Abraham, watched the
night sky, like we do. The same wind, and air I breathe is
the same atmosphere, that every generation of
living things, has been sustained by.

Tonight, the palm trees, by the water, bend gracefully, in
the wind. Their reflection is exaggerated, and reflected
in fractal designs, on the water. It makes the trees look
like they're dancing.

During hurricanes, the palm trees, bow low, almost,
completely, touching the ground, like worshippers,
of God, in His Presence. It's a wonderful metaphor,
of grace, and an inspiring, and humbling sight, indeed,
watching those trees, bowing, their leaves, touching the
ground. I've seen oak trees, uprooted, by those winds, but,
very few palm trees suffer this fate.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seeing a depiction, of a hurricane cell, reminds me,
of the wheels, of the Chariot of the Cherubims, in
Ezekiel, and Elijah's ascension.

I know it's a simplification, to analogize this, but,
these are the only ways, to begin to understand, the
Holy Language of His Grace.

How can I, truly attain understanding, of the
ultimate power, of the Breath of Life, The Holy
Spirit?

Ruwach is the breath, and spirit, in all living things.
Ruwach Elohim is spectacular, because, it is Life without
End. It is the Holy Kiss of Life, and thinking about God's
Plan, Power, Words, and the witness, of seeing all the
miracles, under the sun, are like love songs, written
by the same pen, that scribed, "The Ten Commandments."

Just thinking about it, revitalizes me,
late at night. While the Universe, and Nature's
forces, make me feel infinitesimally small,
God's Grace, His Breath, makes me feel immortal,
as long as I stand in His Presence. I pray I am worthy,
and that I get better. It is by the Holy Spirit,
that we are instructed, chastised, and renewed.
Halleluyah! Adonai, Y'shua Hamaschiach,
Ruwach Elohim.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: